Sunday 4 March 2012

My First Blog

So, after a bit of consideration and a nice nudge from a friend I have decided to start a blog regarding my creations.

In 2011 I became a new mum and whilst I enjoyed working fulltime in Marketing I have decided that it's really not much my thing anymore. So, late last year I decided to start putting my 'free time' to use and embroider a few items to sell at a market stall. The day was a success, in my eyes anyway, and the start of my new business venture... Kelly Maris Creations.

Now, a few months down the track I have created a facebook page and am on the way to a website and a few other little added favours.

Just last month I completed a custom order for my little cousin. He was attending a wedding for a work colleague and wanted to give something that was a little different. I was very happy to oblige and quite impressed with how the bath towel set turned out. The photo's can be viewed on my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kelly-Maris-Creations/216501918431550#!/photo.php?fbid=247208225360919&set=a.226713097410432.56267.216501918431550&type=1&theater

And now, I am working on two orders for one of my aunties. One is for a new baby and the other is for my aunty herself. I am halfway through the little ones order of a bath towel set, singlets and some shoulder cloths (much easier than carrying round an entire cloth nappy for those 'emergencies').

My other project is my first as a 'seamstress'. I'm a little scared of this one as I have to go by eye but I think it will turn out a huge success! I don't want to give too much away for either project but I am looking forward to being able to share the photos of the projects along the way and the finished product.

Kelly x

3 comments:

  1. Well done Kelly! I look forward to watching your progress... AND I have an idea for you. A few weeks ago I bought a present to give my Dad at my wedding before he walks me down the aisle. Its a beautiful linen hanky with a lovely (yes, soppy) saying on it 'Daddy, you are the first man I ever loved, Beccie'. Maybe this is something you can have in your store too - special occasion hankies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this idea! I was actually scouting pricing and ideas yesterday and have to say I have not seen this one.
      It's always nice to have something that little bit individual for occassions like weddings and new additions though.
      Thanks again for the help Beccie

      Delete
  2. Woohoo I think I was there on that fateful day (don't really know how to use that phrase, but I'm using it anyway). Aw hanky idea rocks! I bought "grandmother" hankies but one didn't arrive til the following Monday (long story) so I sold them on eBay in the end LOL. Love from your fan, cassthecoolest

    ReplyDelete